Een deel van het missende radio-station, "Ridiculous FM" in GTA2. (Aori - YTZ)

MrKooKie

Citaat

As a huge Prog Rock fan I'd originally planned to create a radio station called "Ridiculous FM" for Grand Theft Auto 2 - broadcasting "Regressive Rock" to the citizens of Liberty City around the clock.

The idea was to make it similar to the Country station from GTA1 in that it would only play a single track repeatedly. The joke this time being that the "one track" would be a conceptual suite of 70's Art Rock inspired music clocking in longer than any of the other stations in the game at almost 20 minutes (before adding a DJ or adverts).

I did some initial planning for it when we started GTA2 but quickly decided against pursuing it because' date=' a) it would have been way more work to do than we had time for, and b) it felt far too self-indulgent - which is perhaps a little ironic given it was meant to be a Prog Rock homage after all. We'd already got away with putting Country music in GTA1 and people had responded positively to that, but Prog Rock was even uncooler than Country music back in 1998 so it felt like we'd really be pushing our luck to get away with that. In the end, after hearing Bulamatari's excellent "Taxi Drivers Must Die" I reluctantly decided that GTA2's Regressive Rock station would have to wait as faux Brit-Punk provided a much funnier focus for GTA's radio stations second time around. And so, consequently, Ridiculous FM was shelved.

Almost...

Ever since then, during late night jam sessions (and the occasional lunchtime one too) with my muso friends, I've enjoyed wondering what my Prog Rock track for Ridiculous FM might have sounded like if I'd actually gone through with it. Eventually it became a bit of an in-joke my friends would use to rip the piss out me. Any time I played them something new I'd written they'd invariably ask if I was planning to use it as part of my Prog Rock epic - secure in the knowledge it was never, *EVER* going to happen.

Almost...

Eventually I decided it was an itch I just had to scratch. So here it is, 15 years late (which surely must be some sort of record for missing deadlines, even by DMA Design's impressive standards), I give you GTA2's "missing" Prog Rock track "YTZ" by the band Aori.

To paraphrase Derek Smalls, I hope it lends a more 'sophisticated' perspective to your Kill Frenzies :-)

Bewerkt: door MrKooKie
Delen op andere websites

Een reactie plaatsen

Je kan nu een reactie plaatsen en pas achteraf registreren. Als je al lid bent, log eerst in om met je eigen account een reactie te plaatsen.

Gast
Op dit onderwerp reageren...

×   Je hebt text geplaatst met opmaak.   Opmaak verwijderen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Je link is automatisch ingevoegd.   In plaats daarvan weergeven als link

×   Je vorige bewerkingen zijn hersteld.   Alles verwijderen

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent actief   0 leden

• Er zijn hier geen geregistreerde gebruikers aanwezig.