Found a mistake?

PatrickW

I hope you read my post after editting as well, since I was reading through all the characters, and editing my posts when i found another one. :$

Anyway, found some more:

http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Cherise_Glover

but she left him for an other guy

Should be

but she left him for another guy

http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Ivan_Bytchkov

But you can choose to kill him or let him live. If you let him live, Ivan will come back later as a Random Character. Then he has changed his live in a money lender and Niko will help him by letting some people pay Ivan.

This sentence sounds a little weird to me, this is what i'd make of it:

You can decide to keep him alive, and if you do so, Ivan will come back as a Random Character. When meeting him as random character, he has changed his life and is now a money lender. Niko helps him by making people who own him money pay their debts.

Some more here:

http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Easter_eggs_%28GTA_IV%29

The total word noose, is very appropriate for a police unit which fight crime.

Should be

The total word noose is very appropriate for a police unit which fights crime.

This one sounds weird as well:

The company Gruppe Sechs, which is a parody on Gruppe Sieben, which appear in GTA since GTA III. The German name, you have to pronounce as 'group sex'.

I'd make it:

The company Gruppe Sechs is a parody on Gruppe Sieben, which appears in GTA since GTA III. You have to pronounce the German name as 'group sex'.

Bewerkt: door senneken
Delen op andere websites

• 3 maanden later...
  • Reacties 125
  • Created
  • Laatste reactie

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hanneswasco

• Lantyz

• .Timothy

• PatrickW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've checked all the pages of the English Liberty City Stories, which are completed on the wiki and I would like to mention the following errors:

Page: Main page

What's the error: The first sentence in the second paragraph starts with off course, this should be of course.

What's the error: Somewhere in the middle of 'The Story' the construction deranged hit men is used, this should be deranged hitmen, because the plural of hitman consists of one word.

What's the error: The last sentence in 'The Missions' has a minor typo, more than enough mission should be more than enough missions

Page: Vehicles

What's the error: Almost all pages linked to on this page contain a wrong code in the vehicle description ;)

Page: Donald Love

What's the error: The description of Donald Love's role in LCS contains a typo, changes should be chances

Page: Salvatore Leone

What's the error:

- Don Salvatore Leone is since long the head of the Leone Family. Salvatore had in different GTA's big setbacks. I would change this to Don Salvatore Leone has been the head of the Leone Family for long now. Salvatore has had big setbacks in different GTA's.

- Toni has to rescue salvatore a lot from precarious situations and has to bring him to safety. I would change this to Toni has to rescue Salvatore from precarious situations very often and has to bring him to safety many times.

- Once there is a new mayor, he force him to do what the Leone Family wants, so the Leone Family was in power in Liberty City. I would change this to Once there is a new mayor, Salvatore forces him to do things in favour of the Leone Family, so the Leone Family gets the power in Liberty City.

Page: Hidden Packages

What's the error: The hints and tips section says Hidden Packages often are to high to reach them. This should be Hidden packages are often too high to reach (by foot).

Page: Cheats

What's the error: The first paragraph states The PlayStation 2 has however four of them, two left and two right. However is only to be used in the beginning of a sentence, but this would be even better: The PlayStation 2 has four of them though, two left and two right.

Page: Easter Eggs

What's the error: The title References to an other game of Rockstar Games should become References to another game of Rockstar Games

I'm sure I did not mention all mistakes that are in this section, but I used all my knowledge to improve this part of the English wiki. I hope the information is clear and you use it. If it's not clear, I'm able to explain it again, just let me know :)

BanaanGTA

Delen op andere websites

Page: Donald Love

Page: Hidden Packages

Page: Cheats

Page: Easter Eggs

Changed!
Haven't changed these (yet) ;)
Page: Vehicles

What's the error: Almost all pages linked to on this page contain a wrong code in the vehicle description ;)

Have too little time to solve this one too, someone else may do this (quite tricky one) :puh:

Thanks for reporting.

Delen op andere websites

• 6 maanden later...

This was in the GTA:San Andreas forum.

Hi,

I couldn't find an email address or form to send bug reports/errors/typos/etc. to (but then I don't understand a single word of German), so I'm posting this here.

On http://en.wikigta.or..._San_Andreas%29 it is said that the Boat School mission 'Basic Seamanship' requires under 10 seconds for Gold, which is incorrect according to my tests:post-124266-127751990566.jpg .

Considering that at 9.79s I still have the Silver medal (I even got 9.78s just now and still had Silver) and the fact that I got Gold at 9.67s, I assume the correct time to be <=9.75s for Gold.

Regards,

Vhann

Correct time needs to be 9.7

Delen op andere websites

• 1 maand later...

I'm not quite sure, but the homepage says "Welcome on WikiGTA", and I think it should be "Welcome to WikiGTA". Whether "on" is wrong or not, I do think "to" sounds better either way. And I don't want to be a smartass, but I think most of the English over there isn't that brilliant.

Bewerkt: door Anoukk
Delen op andere websites

On this page (Three's a Crowd), there's a minor mistake:

Once arrived, you'll see two man, Dardan Petrela and Bledar Morina, intimidate Roman by smashing his computer and threat him with a butterfly knife...

Man needs to be men. And maybe threat should be threatening. I'm not completely sure of that, though.

Bewerkt: door Velaro
Delen op andere websites

On this page (Three's a Crowd), there's a minor mistake:

Once arrived, you'll see two man, Dardan Petrela and Bledar Morina, intimidate Roman by smashing his computer and threat him with a butterfly knife...

Man needs to be men. And maybe threat should be threatening. I'm not completely sure of that, though.

Your right, and "intimidate" should be "intimidating" in this setup, since the subject in this sentence is two men, not Dardan and Bledar.

Delen op andere websites

• 1 year later...

There is a big mistake on the main page. It says 'Grand Theft Auto's' at the top of the menu about the GTAs. But, in English an apostrophe is never used in this way. It should be 'Grand Theft Autos'.

thats actualy in dutch writting

Delen op andere websites

• 2 weken later...

The front page (http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Main_Page) of the English GTA site contains some errors:

"Welcome on" should be "Welcome to".

Third paragraph:

"Contrary to most other wiki sites, this website is build and maintained..."

Correct is: is built

Additionally, you may also wish the change "info" into either "information" or "insight" in the line below if you wish to make it more formal, but it doesn't really matter, though. ^^

Second to last paragraph (next to the image):

"...we advice you to exercise caution..."

Correct is: we advise

I just thought that is important that the front page does not contain any errors as that might be a no-no to potential new site users. :puh:

~Spanglish; student applied linguistics

Bewerkt: door Spanglish
Delen op andere websites

Additionally, you may also wish the change "info" into either "information" or "insight" in the line below if you wish to make it more formal, but it doesn't really matter, though. ^^

I myself wouldn't advise the usage of the word insight in this context. The word does roughly mean the same as information, but you use it in different situations. This isn't one of them. And seeing as the word information is already used somewhere else in the sentence, it would be more formal to use the shortened word. Just to add a little variation :)

Although, reading it again, the latter part of the sentence does feel a bit.. wobbly to me. I think a more correct sentence would be something in the lines of this;

Contrary to most other wiki sites, this website is built and maintained by a limited group of people, so you can be sure that all information comes from knowledgeable people and by doing this the quality of articles on this site is maintained.
Delen op andere websites

• 6 maanden later...

I have noticed a few mistakes with the mission tree for GTA IV:

- First of all, "Jamaican Heat" (as well as "Ivan The Not So Terrible") unlocks "Uncle Vlad".

- As well as "Call and Collect", "Have a Heart" is a pre-requisite to unlock "Harboring a Grudge".

- While the ULP strand is unlocked by completing "The Snow Storm" and "Photo Shoot", "Dust Off" cannot be played until "Have a Heart" has been completed.

Hope this helps.

Delen op andere websites

• 2 maanden later...
  • 5 maanden later...

http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Trevor

"..due to be prone.." zou volgens mij "due to being prone" moeten zijn.

Heb het even anders verwoord (leest in mijn ogen iets lekkerder).

http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Michael

"Because his money runs out..." hier zou de present continous passive beter zijn lijkt me: "Because his money is running out and his family is making.."

De present continuous duidt een handeling op een specifiek moment aan. De normale present duidt iets aan wat een tijd aan de gang is, zoals in dit geval, en is dus gewoon correct.

Delen op andere websites

Een reactie plaatsen

Je kan nu een reactie plaatsen en pas achteraf registreren. Als je al lid bent, log eerst in om met je eigen account een reactie te plaatsen.

Gast
Op dit onderwerp reageren...

×   Je hebt text geplaatst met opmaak.   Opmaak verwijderen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Je link is automatisch ingevoegd.   In plaats daarvan weergeven als link

×   Je vorige bewerkingen zijn hersteld.   Alles verwijderen

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent actief   0 leden

• Er zijn hier geen geregistreerde gebruikers aanwezig.